Wolontariat Europejski w Barcelos
Zgłoszenia (CV i formularz aplikacyjny w języku angielskim– Application Form_Bona Fides_A.I.A.M) prosimy przesyłać na podane adresy mailowe: firstname.lastname@example.org i email@example.com. W tytule wiadomości: „Let’s empower youngsters – EVS in Barcelos”.
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 20 czerwca 2018
Proponowane wolontariuszom aktywności w projekcie pt. „Let’s empower youngsters” mają różne obszary tematyczne, takie jak dialog międzykulturowy czy praca ze społecznością lokalną. Wolontariusze organizować będą warsztaty dla młodzieży, dzieci i dorosłych, osób starszych i niepełnosprawnych.
Wolontariusze będą pracować z lokalną młodzieżą i liderami młodzieżowymi realizując różnego rodzaju działania i inicjatywy w społeczności lokalnej w dziedzinie kultury i sztuki, sportu, obsługa centrum informacyjnego dla młodzieży. Wolontariusze będą używać narzędzi, takich jak warsztaty, zajęcia rekreacyjne, plenerowe, inicjatywy. Będą używać metod twórczego działania takich jak: graffiti, komiks, rękodzieło, obraz, taniec ludowy itp
Receiving organization: Associacao Intercultural Amigos da Mobilidade
Location: Barcelos, Portugal
Duration: 9 months
1 .Volunteers will work using participatory methods of NFE, organizing workshops, games and other activities with children and young people coming to A.I.A.M in their free timeand to mobility programmes. Working methods will consist mainly in researches, workshops about art and culture, creative presentations etc.
The main focus is the protection, promotion of culture and art through the new media of communication and local events.
2. Seminary presentation Erasmus+ Programme opportunities, Europen Union and European Values etc They will be able to design information brochures, edit website articles, organizing events, develop Erasmus plus projects and design. Activities will be focus on promoting the themes of our program to the local youth as well as the volunteers will be involved in helping youngsters get closer to Europe by giving information about the European mobility Programs(activities take place in office of A.I.A.M and Barcelos Secondary School, Alcaides de Faria Secondary School, Rocha Peixoto Secondary School)
3. The volunteers will spend time with socially excluded rural and peripheral children and youth with fewer opportunities share cultures, experience and knowledge using non-formal and informal educational methodology in workshops and activities. In addition, EVS volunteers will have the opportunity take part in camps and meet other international youth. Working methods will be participatory and volunteers will collaborate with local youth and learn together. Volunteers will have the opportunity to learn how to create educational opportunities for disadvantaged socially excluded poor children with limited access to culture, better education, mobility projects, contacts with foreigners
They will create places and events for young people to inform and develop an approach on different topics such active citizenship, human rights and European awareness
4. The volunteers will be totally involved in an active and participating experience fully immersed in the promotion of the sports as a tool of integration in the local community and in general the promotion of healthy lifestyles among young people. Methods used will be meetings, weekly session of sports with the members, as well as presentation, video making and interviews as far as concerns the activities related with the promotion in schools and other institutions in the city
5. Cooperation with the Office of Tourism and the City Hall of Barcelos
– help in organizing local festivals and celebrations
– information and organization activities, such as the design and distribution of promotional materials and coordination of the preparatory work.
6.Cultural evenings where volunteers will present their own country and region of Poland where they are from with regional cuisine, presentation, traditional items etc. To this kind of evenings, they will invite local youths, kids and adults. they will have to also prepare a strategy of promotion this kind of event(preparation of leaflets, information announced by social media like FB, information passed to the organizations which cooperate with A.I.A.M etc.)
7. Help A.I.A.M in creation new mobility possibilities for local youngsters:
– Contacts with local and European partners
– Management of website of the association (keeping maintenance and updates), Facebook and other social networks; collect images, testimonies, news, and articles relating to our activities, create a newsletter and inform about our current projects so to give visibility
– Management of workshops and other non-formal activities in order to disseminate and share the importance of solidarity, multiculturalism and the value of volunteerism among children and young people
– Support organization in spreading information about EVS and other youth mobility opportunities through lectures and meeting with youngster within schools or during informative events and by helping during the preparation of videos, presentations, or illustrative materials of various kinds about experiences of youth mobility
The following phases in the development of the workshop will be undertaken:
– Discussions and design of the workshops with the local expert workers(choosing themes from the t-kits and approach on the workshops).
– Division of task and responsibilities between the local experts and the EVS volunteer for the workshops;
– Implementation of a 2-3 hours’ workshop for 10-15 people twice a week for a secondary school group or university students; twice a week for adults and elderly people and once a week with disabled people.
– Evaluation of the workshops and discussion of the possible future steps for next week workshops.
Planned activities of our project „Let’s empower youngsters” will be a primarily regional dimension. Our goal is to focus on activity in the immediate environment that is in the region of the city of Barcelos in northern Portugal. The A.I.A.M. is based in the parish of Silva, one of the 98 parishes of the municipality of Barcelos and is only 3 km away from the city centre. Mobility Friends organization is working with various people dealing with social problems.
Main objectives of the planned activities are:
– to inform and guide people about international mobility programs and to develop understanding about the importance of the added value offered by a mobility experience abroad;
– to improve skills of volunteers in the field of the child-social care by developing and organizing different activities during the afterschool time; improve skills and capability related with the promotion of the local culture, art and cultural heritage by organizing events and workshops in schools and youth centres;
– to disseminating and sharing the importance of solidarity, multiculturalism and volunteerism among children and young people and to develop understanding about active citizenship, and to promote non-formal education, furthermore, to provide a first approach to children within primary schools about Europe.
– to develop participant’s (volunteers and people who attend the workshops) competences in education and animation fields and about human rights promotion and to improve participants’ competences in organizing cultural public event addressed to children and families;
– to improve participants competences in organizing cultural public event addressed to children, youngsters and local families as well to a participant of different mobility programmes who come to Barcelos
– to give support to the daily activities of the association and also spread information through social media, blog, interviews, newsletter etc. in order to extend the target group of the activities as much as possible.
What volunteer has provided:
– The accommodation will be provided by Receiving Organization Associacao Intercultural Amigos da Mobilidade. A flat is situated close to the Barcelos City Center (4 minutes by car), Braga City Center (15 minutes by car), Atlantic Ocean (15 minutes by car) and Porto Airport (30 minutes by car). Mobility Friends Campus has 10.000 m2 with ready six houses. They can offer rooms with bathrooms and living room/kitchenette. The Campus has also training rooms, gym, swimming pool, administrative area, industrial kitchen, refectory, recreational areas, extreme activities like slide and climbing and nature that are waiting for you.
– The activities will be carried out from Monday to Friday, from 10 AM for 7 hours. The number of working hours per week is 35. The volunteer will have free Saturdays and Sundays and 2 days off per month. Most of the activities will be realized in the Barcelos.
– Volunteers will receive the pocket money and food allowance at the beginning of each month.
– travel funding in the amount of 360,00 EUR in both ways.
The activities are open for all profiles of volunteers. The volunteers will be identified as they are eager and motivated to do their EVS in Barcelos, Portugal.
Associacao Amigos da Intercultural Mobilidade hopes to welcome volunteers with the following characteristics:
• Humanitarian and volunteer spirit;
• Great team-work skills;
• Open mind and respect for other cultures;
• Good communication skills;
• Spirit of adaptation and flexibility
• Respect for the Health and Safety norms.
• Dynamism and creativity
The chosen volunteer must follow the same principles:
• Solidarity: responsibility in accomplishing the ends of voluntary service;
• Participation: intervention in areas of great social interest;
• Cooperation: supporting the creation and implementation of the host organization’s projects;
• Responsibility: in the carrying out of the activities that volunteers commit to doing, given the expectations created by the people they are volunteering for.
The selection process will be carried out on three fundamental criteria: a good motivation letter (application form) not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the Erasmus + Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (the best of Europass) in English with a photograph and finally sending adapted documentation to the organization and the project.
To ensure that the project meets the background and needs of the volunteers, we will ask them also to fill in a questionnaire (to download from attachment) about themselves as well as the activities and kinds of projects they are interested in. After the pre-selection, the receiving organisation contacts the volunteers through e-mail or Skype to inform them about the activities, the special characteristics of Barcelos and Portugal, answer the questions of the volunteers, listen to their ideas and proposals. After this, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.