Stowarzyszenie BONA FIDES i grecka organizacja K.A.NE. poszukują wolontariuszy na zaakceptowany projekty EVS w Kalamacie. Projekt pt. Discovering similarities in differences otrzymał już dofinansowanie z Polskiej Narodowej Agencji i na pewno zostanie zrealizowany, planowo od listopada 2017. Zgłoszenia (CV oraz formularz aplikacyjny – Formularz-Aplikacyjny_K.A.N.E. – w języku angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres . W temacie wiadomości mailowej prosimy wpisywać: "EVS w K.A.N.E.". Aplikacje nie zatytułowane w taki sposób nie będą rozpatrywane.
Zgłoszenia przyjmujemy do 24 września 2017
Praca społeczna w słonecznej Grecji, na półwyspie Peloponeskim? Oczywiście. Jako wolontariusze EVS będziecie mieli okazję współorganizować z K.A.N.E warsztaty i szkolenia dla młodzieży i społeczności lokalnej z zakresu szeroko pojętego dialogu inter-kulturalnego (np. na temat tolerancji, różnorodności itp). Oprócz tego głównym zadaniem będzie prowadzenie centrum młodzieżowego w Kalamacie gdzie animować będziecie czas wolny młodzieży i informować o możliwościach jakie mają dzięki członkostwu w UE.
RECEIVING ORGANIZATION: Koinoniki Anaptyksi Neon / Social Youth Development (K.A.NE.)
PLACE: Kalamata, Peloponnisos, Greece
DURATION: 11 months,
SERVICE DATES: 03/11/2017 - 01/10/2018 PLACEMENTS: 1 volunteer (2nd volunteer is already chosen) DEADLINE: 24th of September 2017
Description of the Receiving Organization Social Youth Development,KANE,is a non-profit organization situated in Kalamata,Greece. Local young people founded KANE in 2008 with the aim to develop both locally and internationally.Our target group is young people aged 15-35 and people involved in the youth field. Our vision is to foster youth motivation in order to take initiatives and become more active citizens.Our mission is to create structures for the youth and to provide educational and training opportunities for youngsters and people that work in the youth field.We also aim at fighting discrimination,fostering intercultural and social development,and promoting social inclusion and equality,particularly for young people. At organizational level,we promote cooperation among local,regional and international organizations and public bodies.
The proposed activities:
I) Tasks that promote volunteerism and the ERASMUS+ programme in the Youth Centre of Kalamata, such as:
1. EVS cafes, where the volunteers, together with ex-volunteers from Greece that have come back to Kalamata, will present the European Voluntary Services in general, as well as specific examples of projects and opportunities
2. Informational evenings, with information about past and future learning mobility opportunities (youth exchanges, seminars, training courses)
3. Informational visits of schools in the Youth Centre
4. Preparation and running the “info point” for local youngsters,which mainly gives information about European mobility projects, as well as about opportunities to work and study abroad
5. Organizing “EVS cafes”, small events that promote European Voluntary Service to local youth.They will also participate in special events promoting the ERASMUS+ programme, especially concerning the youth sector.
6. Make a video about their EVS experience before the end of the project, depicting their work,as well as the inter-cultural experiences and their life in the host country 7. Write articles for the bi-monthly volunteers’ newsletter, LinK. This newsletter is published on the website of the receiving organisation and spread to readers all over the world through social media. 8. Inform and prepare young people that want to do EVS, together with the sending EVS coordinator of the receiving organisation
II) Intercultural tasks. The volunteer will be involved in activities that support their intercultural learning, as well as the local community’s. Including:
1. Organizing the intercultural training workshops which aime is to build mutual understanding and tolerance
2. Organise together with other EVS volunteers, as well as local volunteers of the Youth Centre an intercultural night in order to present theirs, as well as other cultures to the local people
3. Greek lessons. The volunteers, in addition to the Online Learning System of the ERASMUS+, will receive locally Greek language lessons, to facilitate their integration in the local community
4. Greek traditional dance lessons (optional). The volunteers, if they wish, will have the opportunity to participate in the Greek traditional dance lessons in the Youth Centre 5. Organize a Polish language exchange workshop in the Youth Centre. Through this workshop, the volunteers will teach aspects of their language and country to the local people and will also have the opportunity to ask the participants to teach them aspects of the Greek language and culture. 6. Organize Language Courses for disadvantage groups (as minorities,refugees,migrants etc) ,according to the volunteers capabilities and skills
we are looking for motivated young people, that wish to participate in an EVS project and work with civil society organisation, but we are not looking for volunteers with specific skills or back ground. What is importance is that the volunteers in this project will have the motivation to advance their skills, through non-formal and informal education. We are also looking for young people with communication skills, social skills, enthusiastic, creative, with a sense of initiative. What is the most important candidates have to be open-minded and tollerant as they will also meet disadvantage groups.
We are also open for candidates with fewer opportunities:
a) young people with a low standard of living, low income
c)long term of poverty by living on their own or because of poverty of their parents
a)young people from remote or rural areas or peripheral regions
b)young people from urban problem zones
c)young people from less serviced areas(limited public transport, poor facilities)
a)youth who has problems with learning at school
b)youth whose nearest envirment force eith alcohol problems, drug problems, unemployment problems etc
c)young people who haven't finished school (they have no basic or secondary education); early school-leavers d)young people who have no access to trainings etc.
The choice of the volunteers' accommodation is done having in mind very strict criteria in the field of safety. The receiving organisation has chosen an apartment in a building which meets all safety criteria and all the equipment of the apartment meets the E.U. safety rules. Additionally, the owner will be informed about the needs of the volunteers in case he needs to provide any assistance in problems concerning the house or in case of an emergency. For FOOD the volunteers will receive an extra allowance, with which they will have the responsibility to make their own arrangements. The kitchen in the apartment is fully equipped and it is also close to a supermarket as well as to restaurants were volunteers can buy food in normal prices. At the beginning of each month, beside money for food, volunteers will also get pocket money.