The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a private, non-partisan, American, public policy and grant making institution dedicated to promoting understanding and cooperation between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues.
GMF does this by: supporting individuals and institutions working in the transatlantic sphere convening leaders and members of the policy and business communities, contributing research and analysis on transatlantic topics, providing exchange opportunities to foster renewed commitment to the transatlantic relationship.
Founded in 1972 through a gift from Germany as a permanent memorial to Marshall Plan assistance, GMF maintains a strong presence on both sides of the Atlantic. In addition to its headquarters in Washington, DC, GMF has seven offices in Europe: Berlin, Paris, Brussels, Belgrade, Ankara, Bucharest, and Warsaw.
GMF’s Warsaw Office, established in May 2011, serves as a forum and source of ideas for strengthening transatlantic cooperation, with particular focus on issues critical to Poland, the Baltic states, and Central and Eastern Europe more broadly.
The Office Manager (OM) manages and oversees the GMF office in Warsaw, Poland. The OM reports to the Warsaw Office Director and provides support in a variety of office administration functions, to include facilities management, finance, and human resources in close coordination with the respective departments in headquarters, based in Washington, DC. The OM should be a proactive and solution-minded person. The OM position requires very good interdepartmental skills to manage interaction with all levels of internal staff and outside contacts plus ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
I. Facilities and Office Operations
- Manage the overall office operations of the Warsaw office;
- Manage all office improvement projects and seating assignments;
- Serve as the primary POC in managing the relationships with office equipment vendors and service providers to ensure prompt and efficient service;
- Liaise with IT to support Warsaw staff with equipment trouble-shooting and service calls;
- Coordinate with HQ on various operational issues;
- Manage distribution of office access and the maintenance of the system as a whole;
- Maintain sufficient supplies and inventory for the office;
- Manage the office space, plan and supervise interior design and renovation works;
- Liaising with legal advisors;
- Updating office policies.
- Code and process accurately all office vendor invoices and payments in a timely manner;
- Provide general financial oversight;
- Prepare monthly financial reporting;
- Collaborate with the Finance team in Washington, DC to prepare annual budget;
- Provide budget forecast updates and support analysis; and
- Perform account reconciliations and cost allocations.
III. Human Resources and Payroll
- Partner with HR to update and maintain personnel policies, as necessary,
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, preparing contracts, and filing necessary documentation for all employees, fellows, interns; and
- Coordinate with the payroll vendor to process local payroll and transmission, reconciliation, and banking transactions.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Experience in office/facilities/finance/human resources management (5-6 years);
- Demonstrated knowledge of Polish employment laws affecting employment policies; benefits, employee rights and employer obligations;
- Solid knowledge of office procedures;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Polish and English;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to details and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in business administration or relative field.
Please click on this link to apply: Office Manager, GMF Warsaw Office
Please provide a cover letter and your salary requirements.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.