Fundacja Herosi www.herosi.eu, a non-profit organization which exists since 2009 is looking for a
Junior Fundraising Specialist
This role will have a dual character, not only you will contribute to the growth of the Foundation’s resources, but also you will participate in a one year educational Jumpstart Fellowship program which is a customized training program that has been created at ALSAC (American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities) one of the leading charity organizations in USA. ALSAC was founded in 1957 to be the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and its sole mission is to raise the funds and awareness necessary to operate and maintain the hospital. ALSAC is responsible for raising 80% of the funds necessary to operate St. Jude Hospital.
Who we are:
Fundacja Herosi is a Public Benefit Organization with the purpose to support children and adolescents suffering from cancer. We visit the patients, organize special guests and surprises for them but most importantly Fundacja Herosi provides financial support to cover the cost non-refunded diagnostic procedures and treatments, medical equipment, transportation and other needs in support of the patients and their families. Fundacja Herosi closely cooperates with the Oncology Clinic at the Instytut Matki i Dziecka in Warsaw.
Jumpstart Fellowship Program Overview:
The Jumpstart Fellowship offers a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and develop a carrier as a Professional Fundraiser.
● This program is a yearlong virtual learning program that brings together fundraisers from partner foundations around the world under the supervision of mentor (external subject matter experts -SME) to establish a solid understanding of the fundamentals of fundraising as well as the execution of fundraising activities.
● The program integrates courses from Indiana University into the coursework to support the various themes covered in the curriculum, e.g. annual sustainability course, digital fundraising, fundraising for small nonprofits etc.
● This is a fast paced program premised on the concept of experiential learning: cohort members first learn fundamental fundraising principles and techniques and immediately apply their learning to execute new fundraising activities in their community.
● The goal of the program is to build new skills and behaviors among individual participants that increase their fundraising competencies for the organization they represent.
● Actively participate in the Jumpstart Program, international meetings, calls and lectures.
● Participate in developing a long term fundraising program;
● Actively work on the annual fundraising plan for the Herosi Foundation;
● Organize and execute fundraising activities for Herosi Foundation;
● Seek new grant opportunities and donor contacts;
● Report on the expenditures and grant completion;
● Develop a fundraising data base;
● Expand digital fundraising;
● Be point of contact for external partners /donors /funding organizations
● Knowledge of how to develop, maintain and grow a network of contacts;
● Experience in project planning and execution;
● Understanding of basic economic issues;
● Openminded and strategic attitude;
● A University Degree;
● Min. 1 year of relevant experience;
● Knowledge of the corporate and grant sector in Poland (a surplus);
● Fluent in both Polish and English languages;
● Negotiation skills;
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
● Time management skills;
● Proactive approach;
● Team player;
Privacy notice (to be provided to the candidate)
We process your personal data in order to review the submitted application as well as to conclude and execute an agreement. By submitting your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data as described below. Giving consent is voluntary and you can withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of personal data based on such consent before its withdrawal.
The categories of personal data that we will process are name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and other data provided in the application.
Providing your personal data is voluntary, but it is necessary if you want to become a member of our team.
The legal basis for data processing is your consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR) or the need to conclude and perform an agreement (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR) or our legitimate interest to pursue and defend ourselves against potential legal claims (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR).
We process your personal data for this purpose until you withdraw your will to be a candidate (your consent) or if you do not respond to our attempts to contact you within 12 months of your first application.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries and is not subject to automated processing, including profiling.
Your personal data may be transferred by the Foundation to such categories of recipients as entities providing legal, IT, accounting or postal services to the Foundation.
Your personal data is stored for the time necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, and then it is deleted in a way that prevents its recovery.
You have the right to access your data (we will provide you with further information on the use of your personal data), the right to rectify (correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold), the right to delete (to delete data for which we no longer have proper grounds legal), the right to restriction of processing (under several conditions), the right to object (to any processing); the right to withdraw consent (if we process your personal data based on consent) and the right to data portability (providing a copy of the personal data that you have provided to us), and there is also the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
In order to exercise your rights, please contact us by sending a message to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to properly protect your data, within the Foundation, we apply internal policies and standards. In particular, and in accordance with the law, we use appropriate technical and organizational measures (policies and procedures, IT security measures, etc.) to guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, as well as the method of their processing. In addition, persons authorized by the Foundation to process personal data are subject to confidentiality obligations and may not unlawfully or unnecessarily disclose the processed personal data.