Job Title: Grants Programme Officer
OrganisatiJob Title: Grants Programme Officer
Organisation Name: Prague Civil Society Centre
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Reports to: Senior Programme Officer
Application deadline: June 29, 2021
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-government organisation, which supports and empowers civil society across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change and we work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, we emphasise creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civic ecosystem.
The Programme Officer will join our Grants team, managing support to civil society groups and independent media in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. This role will be full-time, based in our office in central Prague.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing particular sections of the Centre’s grants portfolio.
- Developing assigned country/thematic expertise. Tracking political developments and the situation of civic actors in the region.
- Evaluating project proposals, monitoring project activities and assessing their impact.
- Working with partners to develop their skillset and potential in cooperation with other programme teams of the Centre.
- Conducting monitoring visits and research in the field.
- Representing the Centre’s Grants programme at relevant meetings and international events; building and maintaining relationships with international and regional organizations.
- Engaging in donor coordination and collecting references and independent feedback on our partners’ work.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in human rights, relevant area studies, media or other related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience of relevant civil society work and/or in media, or experience with a donor organisation.
- Experience with project management and reporting.
- In-depth understanding of political and social issues and trends in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia; direct in-country experience is an asset.
- General understanding of closed societies and societies in transition, as well as familiarity with civil society networks, individual activists. initiatives in the region and independent media practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian (fluency in both languages required), knowledge of other languages of the region is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel).
- Advanced cybersecurity literacy.
- High degree of self-organization, reliability and initiative; excellent communication and relationship building skills, ability to work in a multi-national team.
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to the mission of the organization.
How to Apply:
The role is full-time (40 hours per week). The Centre can provide relocation assistance to successful candidates if needed (details can be discussed at interview stage). Due to current international travel limitations, preference will be given to candidates already residing in the Czech Republic or the EU. The candidate is expected to join the Centre in September 2021.
Interested candidates should send their CV (no longer than two pages of A4) and a covering letter (no longer than one page of A4) clearly addressing both the job requirements (please check carefully the relevant section above) and motivation. Please do not attach any other documents to your application nor any links to external sources. The documents should be sent in two separate attachments in MS Word or pdf to email@example.com by June 29, 2021. Please refer to the position “Programme Officer (Grants Team)” in the subject line. Please understand that we will not be able to accept incomplete applications and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews during July/August.