ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
“Teplitsa. Technologies for Social Good” is seeking a Events Coordinator for projects in the area of media and civil society development based in Warsaw, Poland.
The Events Coordinator will assist with the implementation of various projects, including but not limited to coordination with the civil society activists, journalists, providing logistical and reporting support for trainings, online courses, conferences. The role is expected to take 50% of average monthly workload.
“Teplitsa. Technologies for Social Good” helps independent civil society organizations, activists, and media in Eastern Europe and Northern Eurasia with ICT-related trainings, media projects, and innovative ways of civic engagement. Teplitsa’s mission is to make civil society stronger with the smart use of technology.
A candidate must have proven event management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment, the in-depth knowledge of issues related to events coordination for NGOs in Poland. Fluency in English, Russian, and Polish is a must. The candidate will be organizing online and offline event activities, create event descriptions and announcements, assist with contracts, fill in excel spreadsheets etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION include:
- Coordinate logistical part of events organization;
- Coordinate partner/training participants’ travel, including airfare and hotel arrangements, vetting, and etc. (when the offline events become possible);
- Arrange and facilitate all logistics involved in the setting up and running of trainings such as preparation of facilities, venues and equipment (e.g., microphones, laptops, recorders, USBs, etc);
- Collect travel receipts and manage expenses/accounting for participants;
- Attend and assist in facilitation of project trainings and other relevant program activities - both offline and online;
- Maintain and update the work plan of the activities;
- Assist in establishing and managing strong partnerships with local partners;
- Prepare narrative reports on project activities;
- Report regularly to supervisor on all project activities in execution;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work and reside in Warsaw, Poland (self-employment desirable but not required);
- Ability to work flexibly during 3-4 hours in the morning and afternoon, sometimes more when an event takes place;
- Fluent English, Russian and Polish languages (spoken and written) and communication skills (native Russian is preferable);
- Proven experience with event management/coordination and/or relevant degree;
- Familiarity with the NGO sector in Russia and Poland;
- Ability to learn fast;
- Ability to multitask;
- Solution-oriented, proactive problem solver;
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information;
- General tech-savviness;
- Ability to search and organize information;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, good time management;
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse colleagues in different time zones;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required;
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities;
- Experience with Asana task manager, Google Docs (Docs and Spreadsheets), Slack, Telegram, Zoom, Signal is desired;
- Understanding basics of digital security (complex passwords, 2FA, etc.).
- IT-related impact-oriented area of work;
- An organization that respects its employees and is willing to keep them stress-free and invest to help them grow;
- Anti-harassment policy respected and enforced;
- Learning-focused work environment;
- Open-minded, international, cheerful team;
- Creative colleagues who are committed to the cause;
- Remote work with occasional meetings with local partners;
- Flexible working hours, level of engagement 50%, possibility to combine with other flexible work;
- Competitive salary.
In order to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3rd, 2021 by 10:00 CEST.