International Research Team (IRT) at Ecorys Poland currently seeks a highly-motivated consultant/senior consultant with strong evaluation/research skills to develop our portfolio for different EU and European institutions, as well as international organisations and donors (e.g. OECD, UN, World Bank). We provide studies, including evaluations of public policies, in different thematic areas (such as e.g. energy, environment, employment and labour, social inclusion, education, innovation, competition, human rights and climate change).
About the company and the team:
Ecorys is a leading European research and consulting provider in the public sector. With offices in Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, UK, Croatia, Bulgaria and Poland, we offer monitoring and evaluation services, research, technical assistance, grant management and capacity building in over 100 countries, working for such clients as the European Commission, the European Parliament, key EU agencies, the United Nations and various national and regional governments as well and international organisations. Ecorys Poland is operational since 1997 as part of Ecorys group, with offices in Warsaw. The company is a leader on the national market in the field of evaluations, as well as offering a broad range of research, consultancy and project management services. Within the company, International Research Team (IRT) focuses on working with and for international clients in Europe and beyond. Our portfolio includes inter alia pan EU studies for the European Commission and EU agencies (DG EMPL, DG HOME, DG RTD, DG ENER, EUROFOUND, EU-OSHA), evaluations for UN institutions (e.g. UNICEF) and other international actors (OECD, bilateral and multilateral donors), or foreign policy advisory for the European Parliament.
About the role:
As part of the International Research Team, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and winning tenders for European and international clients ;
- Developing research methodologies, undertaking high-quality research and preparing reports for European and international clients;
- Developing expertise within the company on a wide array of policy areas, including those of interest to you and contribute to the development of our market strategies;
- Managing project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and budget constraints;
- Building and maintaining relationships with a range of key clients and stakeholder/partner organizations, including academics, NGOs and other actors.
- Expert knowledge and previous experience in one of the EU policies areas or in the development context; preferably environment/climate change(e.g. green transition, energy, climate change, circular economy, blue economy) or other EU policy fields (e.g. research and innovation policies, SMEs, industry competitiveness, digitalization, transport policies, social protection, education)
- Strong academic background: Master’s or equivalent in law, sociology, public policy, politics or a related discipline at a minimum, PhD studies (ongoing or finished) a plus;
- Considerable relevant professional experience in the field of public policy research at the EU level – in consultancy, academia, public administration or social partners (CSOs); experience in evaluating public policies desirable;
- Previous experience in developing research proposals and applying for funding at the EU level highly desirable;
- Strong analytical skills, excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods;
- Knowledge of European policy-making processes and EU Institutions or/and knowledge of development actors/context;
- Excellent (C1/C2) English academic writing skills (candidates are asked to provide their publications and/or academic works); knowledge of other languages an advantage;
- Project management experience a plus;
- Pro-active, able to self-management and eager to take initiative in business acquisition.
What we offer:
- Friendly and flexible work environment with possibility of remote work;
- Diverse and inclusive culture where mutual support, team work and respect are highly valued;
- Opportunity to work on diverse portfolio of projects in regards to topics, clients and locations;
- Attractive bonus system.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above-described position, please send your CV (including previous projects and publications) before 21st October 2022 to email@example.com, with information in the subject: "Senior Consultant in IRT", and with data processing clause in the content of the CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed by Ecorys Polska Sp. z o.o. to conduct recruitment for the position for which I am applying and for the purpose of any future recruitment processes.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.